Thursday, October 12, 2006

Omniscient "Experts"....

I've read a few blogs (including Quero Veritas) discussing the many college football "experts" who are picking Auburn to upset Florida. While I hope these "experts" are right, my brain is screaming, "How the hell do these idiots get jobs???"

Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe these "experts" know what they are talking about. Markmaybewrong has been keeping track of the yearly predictions of various pundits. Let's see how some of them stand on this weekend:

Johnny Rosenstein (CBS)(.844 in featured games) has chosen Florida.
Greg Amsinger (CSTV) (.760 in featured games) has chosen Florida.
Jason Horowitz (CBS) (.750 in featured games) has chosen Auburn.
John Harris (CFN) (.723 in featured games) has chosen Auburn.
Dennis Dodd (CBS) (.719 in featured games) has chosen Auburn.
Matt Zemek (CFN) (.702 in featured games) has chosen Florida.
Harmon Forcast (.688 in featured games) has chosen Auburn.
Richard Cirminiello (.638 in featured games) has chosen Auburn.

As you can see, the two top prognosticators are picking Florida. I have a feeling there's a reason their winning percentages are so high.

Unbelievably, the highest winning percentage goes to the heretofore-believed-to-be-idiotic "Sportcenter Championship Series", blasting everyone else away with a blazing .857 in featured games. Who says ESPN doesn't know what its talking about?









You want some????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting numbers there. All those guys are pretty good (> 0.700 is pretty good in my book). 5 of 8 took Auburn though. I still don't see it.

Thanks for the mention. I added your blog to my links.

d761 said...

.700 is a dream considering the .550 mark most gamblers look for.

The only thing that may throw that off is that I don't know how "featured games" are determined. There may be some cherry-picking going on.

Thanks for the link.