Friday, September 07, 2007

Interview with the Groves Family

Phillip Marshall continues to cover the Tigers in a manner all too often missing from today's "journalist". In his latest column, Marshall recounts his interview with Quentin Groves and his wife, Treska. It brings to mind the better traits of a marriage: support through the bad times and motivation when complacency sets in. How a person can make your life and values more concrete, more real and more fulfilling. Or, just know how to push your buttons:

"I remember the South Carolina game," Quentin says, laughing and shaking his head. "I had like 8-9 tackles. I think I had one sack. After the game, I had a voicemail to call her. She said 'You weren't hitting them hard enough.' I said I was just trying to get them on the ground, not trying to kill them. She said, 'I know, baby, but your tackles are looking weak.'"

No comments: